2 Day Wave Sliding Clinic
The 2-Day Wave Sliding Clinic combines both bodysurfing and surfing in order to allow you to gain confidence in the ocean, and to become the best version of yourself surfing waves on a board. This 6-hour course is delivered in two days. On the first day, you will learn how to surf in the simplest way possible — without a surfboard. On the second day, you will apply your ocean confidence and surf techniques necessary to get you surfing safely and independently. As with all of our surf instruction, we maintain a maximum 7:1 student-to-instructor ratio to ensure that each of our students obtains the attention and instruction they need. The 2-Day Wave Sliding Clinic is the ideal choice for students that wish to gain a more holistic wave riding experience. Please note that we require a minimum of two people for a 2-Day Wave Sliding Clinic.
2-Day Wave Sliding Clinic Booking Request
|Price||$150.00USD per person|
|Duration||6 hours total (3 hours per day)|
|Student to Instructor ratio||7:1|
|Requirements||2 person minimum|
National Park entrance fees
Surf equipment + rash guard
What to expect from a 2-Day Wave Sliding Clinic
Our 2-Day Wave Sliding Clinic takes place at Playa Chaman, inside the Marino Ballena National Park. Over the course of this 6-hour camp, you will learn basic bodysurf theory and wave-riding mechanics, including how to catch and ride a wave using nothing more than your body and a pair of swim fins as well as learning to glide on top of a surfboard. On both of the days, there will be theory, demonstration, and practice portions of the class. There will also be a short break at the halfway mark of the class to have water, eat a snack, and reapply sunscreen.
Day 1 Wave Sliding Clinic
On day one of the 2-Day Wave Sliding Clinic, you can expect to learn about ocean safety and theory topics such as:
- Factors that contribute to a good beginner break
- How to generate a surf report
- How to enter the water safely after identifying hazards
- How to catch and ride whitewater waves in the streamline position
- How to dive under oncoming waves
- How to use swim fins to catch waves
- How to turn right and left while riding waves
Day 2 Wave Sliding Clinic
The content of day two of the Wave Sliding Clinic will vary depending on the students’ progress and demonstrated ability from the first day, but topics that may be covered during the second day include (note that these may vary depending on ocean conditions and students’ progression):
- Parts of a surfboard
- How to carry and walk a surfboard safely and properly
- Proper positioning and paddling technique on a surfboard
- How to ride a wave and control the surfboard in the prone and standing position
- Technique(s) for standing on a surfboard
- How to fall safely from a surfboard
- Managing the speed of your surfboard from a standing position
- Practice turning the surfboard
- Understanding how/why waves form and break
- The kinds of surf breaks that exist
- Paddling through white-water waves (planking and turtle)
- Sitting and turning on your surfboard
- Ocean stewardship
Our 2-Day Wave Sliding Clinic is designed to provide ample time to go over theory and put that theory into practice. You can expect to get a solid foundation in ocean awareness and continue developing your surfing skills while getting closer to surfing independence.
Is the 2-Day Wave Sliding Clinic right for me?
The 2-Day Wave Sliding Clinic is the ideal choice for those interested in obtaining ocean awareness and comfort as well as gaining or improving on their surfing ability. We recommend the 2-Day Wave Sliding Clinic for beginners with little or no experience, people who may have some fear or uncertainty around the ocean, or those with some experience who are looking to take that next step in wave riding and sliding. The clinic is broken down into two 3-hour long sessions, ideal for learning techniques on the beach and having ample time to practice in the water. The 2-Day Wave Sliding Clinic is an incredibly holistic ocean experience!